The Different Types of Coaches and How They Can Help
Coaching is becoming more common and is a helpful process of clarifying issues, examining limiting beliefs, setting goals and creating solutions. It can help you to generate positive changes that have a knock-on impact in every area of your life.
There are different styles of coaching and various types of coaches that you can see, depending on what it is you want to achieve.
Here’s a run down of the most common:
- Performance coaching: this is all about enhancing your performance at work to increase your effectiveness and productivity. If you work with a performance coach they will typically draw on business psychology to assist your development.
- Skills coaching: this style of coaching focuses on your core skills. It works by helping you to develop those skills via a range of development objectives. Like performance coaching, this is helpful for use in the workplace.
- Career coaching: if you see a career coach, they will discuss concerns around your career with you. Your coach will also aim to draw thoughts and feelings from you around your capabilities to look at different career options. Career coaching can be very powerful, leading to increased clarity and positive actions.
- Life coaching: if you wish to make a significant change in your personal life, seeing a life coach can help you to achieve that. A life coach will work with you to explore what you want in life and how you are going to attain it. You will work through any limiting beliefs and gain a new perspective on what you want and how you are going to get it.
- Business coaching: this is a useful process to go through, particularly in the early days of running your own business. A business coach will help you to set goals for your business, hold you accountable for those goals and assist you with seeing things in a different way.
When attending a coaching session, you will take an agenda of issues or items that you wish to discuss or work through. Your coach will then help you to solve those problems, create priorities for yourself and make the most of every opportunity. The coaching process may be challenging at times and you might not always like what your coach says or suggests. However, coaching in any form is very rewarding and can help you to achieve the results you desire.