Rediscover Your Mojo
Do you ever feel like you’ve lost your mojo? We've all had that thought at some point and wondered where it ran off to. You know, that feeling when you wake up in the morning and simply cannot be bothered to do anything. It is not a nice way to feel, but it only needs to be a temporary issue as there are a number of ways to rediscover your lost mojo.
Losing your mojo is not simply having an off day. Every single one of us will have had an off day from time to time, but found that it soon passes and we feel good again. Unfortunately, losing your mojo can be the start of a downward spiral, during which you lose all motivation and feel overwhelmed by life. If you identify with this, read on for my top tips for rediscovering your mojo. After all, you have a life to enjoy.
- Take some time out: when was the last time you had some ‘me time’? When did you last take the time to recharge? If you can’t remember, or it’s been longer than a couple of months, it has been too long. Taking a little bit of time out for yourself can do wonders so be sure to commit to doing that. Make sure it is on a regular basis too. That will reduce the risk of losing your mojo again in the future. Taking time out for yourself isn’t selfish; it’s an essential part of your well being.
- Be strict with yourself: if you have a huge to do list but haven’t been very productive for a period of more than half an hour, have a break. Go and do something else and then come back to your to do list with a commitment to work through it. Switch off all distractions, including your phone. You’ll thank yourself for it.
- Have a look at your environment and take notice of how it makes you feel: does the space you are in inspire you? If not, have a clear-out or make some changes. The trick here is to create a space that inspires and motivates you. An uninspiring space is not good for your mojo.
- If you have a huge to do list, allocate a set amount of time for each task: getting on with stuff in that way doesn’t leave room for procrastination. By giving yourself an allocated time for each task, you may discover just how productive you can be.
- Reward yourself when you have done something that you needed to do: that feeling of knowing you have something nice to look forward to should help you to simply crack on. Go on, you deserve it.
You can apply these tips to any area of your life, whether it’s personal or professional, and by following these tips you may find that you rediscover your mojo and never lose it again.