Course 2 Chrysalis Diploma in Counselling Skills & Theory (Dip CST.)
This course will include Course 1 as part of the syllabus (Applicants with Level 3 Counselling Skills or similar can complete this course in 1 year by starting at year 2.) Registered successful candidates will achieve an AIM Awards Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Skills and Theory (RQF) 601/2243/2
Our unique psychotherapeutic counselling training uses a core model based on exploring the client’s past, present and future, then learning different techniques and skills which will help them heal, become whole, resolve their issues and achieve their goals.
Choose this course if you want to make great progress towards becoming a counsellor and be recognised for your therapeutic skills. If you already have a counselling qualification at Level 3 or equivalent, you can start this course in the second year.
- Become a Therapeutic Skills Practitioner (Dip CST.)
- Course Quality Checked by the National Counselling Society
- Join as an Associate member with many membership benefits including eligibility to join the Royal Society for Public Health.
- Stepping stone to the Society’s Accredited Register for Counsellors, recognised by the Professional Standards Authority. This is subject to completing further studies.
- Registered successful candidates will receive a Level 4 Diploma from AIM Awards
- A clear progression path which can lead to professional counselling and Higher Education
* subject to terms and conditions
Course Length: 2 Years 300 practical hours in total
Applicants with Level 3 Counselling Skills or similar can complete this course in 1 year by starting at year 2.
Year One: Ten Modules as per Chrysalis Certificate in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills
Year Two: Over 10 weekends, you’ll study the following six units:
- Working With a Client’s Present
Includes; Exploring the Client’s present issues and concerns and making decisions about the right course of action.
- Working With a Client’s Past
Includes; Exploring modalities, ideas and techniques which help you understand how the past affects the present.
- Working With a Client’s Future
Includes; Exploring where the client is going and helping them make progress
- Stress, Anxiety & Self-Defeating Behaviours
- Relationships, Bereavement and Loss
- Development, Motivation and Creativity
Includes; Working with Anger and Frustration; Personal Growth, Becoming a Therapist
Don't take our word for it, listen to our graduates. Read testimonials from past Chrysalis graduates of our hypnotherapy, psychotherapy and counselling courses.
“Getting OFQUAL qualifications means for me these are properly recognised courses, not just privately awarded certificates. The QCF means I can use these qualifications in lots of ways.”
"As a former health professional, I was accepted, last year, to do a Degree in Counselling before realising the impact of the cost of the enormous Fees attached! This lead to my search for related course providers, hence Chrysalis, offering such value. Amazed & wishing I had been introduced to Hypnotherapy earlier as now it completely consumes me."
“The Interviewer made me feel comfortable and relaxed. I left the interview feeling confident that Chrysalis is the right choice for me”
“I wanted to join the National Hypnotherapy Society, as it’s the only hypnotherapy organisation with a register approved by the Professional Standards Authority. I also want to train as a counsellor later on and I want my hypnotherapy training to count as part of that.”
“In the current economic climate, I decided to take the advice of my friends and retrained in a recession”
"I'm near to the end of my Advanced Diploma in Counselling after completing my Dip.in Hypnotherapy and my Dip in Counselling. My last course has been by far the best and has really given me the chance to explore counselling in depth with a fantastic tutor. I retired from teaching and now have a new rewarding career as a counsellor."